Jan 22, 2010

First US concert



Finally, I can cross out Goto a metal concert in US from my long TODO list. It took place right at Madison, so commuting wasn't a problem. There were 3 bands playing that night, and I really liked their music back when I was at BITS. Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace and Flyleaf! I still remember Chaitu loving the female vocals of Flyleaf :-) Personally, I like BB the most among them, but apparently TDG is so big here that they were the highlight of the night.
I would have absolutely loved the show, but for what happened the day after Valentines Day in 2009. Something that just blew you away.. a stage presence that IMHO is tough to beat and metal music at its brilliant best. It was all about Iron Maiden at Bangalore on Feb15th '09 and they played hit after hit to leave you baffled to the point you knew that this was going to be your greatest evening in a long time.

Comparing what I saw the other night to that at Bangalore would be a sin in hell itself. The organizers added all the spice they could to make it special. A rotating platform for TDG's very talented drummer, lights shaped as cannons and fireworks! The crowd was ecstatic and loved every bit of it. Hell, the bands put on a great show. Whatever few songs I had heard of TDG and BB were dished out and I enjoyed every bit of it. But its just nothing compared to Iron Maiden. TDG's lyrics revolve around teenage love/breakup and being lonely. Song after song, its the same thing and still the band is so huge over here! :-/ Breaking Benjamin were brilliant, and I was waiting to hear the Diary of Jane which was their last track of the night. There's something about that song that is so refreshing!

Anyways, Feb 19th is gonna be much bigger than what I've just witnessed. Dark Tranquillity, one of my favorite bands is playing (you can check the melodeath post for my recommendations :D) and there's Killswitch Engage too, so I'm sure its gonna be a treasured experience. I've finally ordered a cam (am so pathetic at decision making :'( .. ) so I'll try to get some pics with DT after the show if all goes well! Damn, this semester is gonna be so screwed up!~!

No comments: